SAT, March 7, Roofless at the MINUATURE GARDEN OF WHIMSY, Yamashiro Historic District, Hollywood
YAMASHIRO PAINTING RESIDENCY.
We have programmed FOUR ROOFLESS WORKSHOPS at the Historic Yamashiro District, in Hollywood, culminating in a painting exhibition in the historic building.
Our first painting location is the MINIATURE GARDEN OF WHIMSY.
The garden is located behind Yamashiro Restaurant, at 1999 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068.
Free parking available.
Restrooms on site.
- 3-hour painting time.
- All painting materials are supplied (medium - OIL).
- Setup and wrap-up on us. You simply show up.
- Suitable for all abilities and experience.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Sell your artwork on our Roofless Gallery.
In addition to accepting online CC and PayPal payment, we're also Vemno and Apple Pay friendly. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd prefer to pay that way.
- If you have a Roofless Subscription, just contact us so we can save an easel for you.
- If you have a Roofless Pack, use your code on checkout to redeem value.
- Interested in a subscription or a pack? Click here to see what we offer.
Located just beneath the famed Japanese restaurant Yamashiro Hollywood, and a scant distance (a few dozen steps) west of its iconic giant golden Buddha, lies an enchanting collection of figurines, delicately placed among rock and stone formations, tropical flowers and driftwood sculptures. Nestled within the formations is a shrine to a deceased cat named Otto (many feral felines inhabit the area) and in keeping with the theme of the location, one will find a samurai doing battle with large crustaceans.