Painting Webinar: SEA PAINTINGS
LIVE on Friday, April 8, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities and experience.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork on our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/V6xpK48oWUo
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
SEA PAINTINGS - Collection Essay
We were inspired to propose this collection after seeing an image of an installation by contemporary artist Hans-Peter Feldmann titled Sea Paintings. Currently, the piece can be seen at the Museum Voorlinden in The Netherlands as part of an exhibition titled Art as Antidote.
In an interview with Feldmann, he discusses how becoming an artist provided him with the ability to create worlds that were different from the environment he grew up in. He views art as a window into an outward experience, an escape from the subjugating reality we all share.
The paintings in his installation become portals to a quiet otherworldly ocean, an opportunity to get transported somewhere else and forget for a moment about what we're going through collectively.
- Painting premise: Seascape.
- Props: use a photo of a painting of a seascape as a reference.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.