Painting Webinar: WOMAN LIFE FREEDOM
LIVE on Friday, October 7, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities, experience, or media.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork in our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/xF3svEnIklY
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
WOMAN LIFE FREEDOM - Collection Essay
In late September, Mahsa Amini's murder in Iran sparked a global wave of protests which began outside the hospital where she was pronounced dead and spread to every country.
Increasing violence against women and girls, eroding human rights, growing inequality chasms: illusions of progress are fading, hate and oppression are growing.
We're inspired by the act of cutting one's own hair during this uprising as a form of protest.
In many oppressive regimes, the public concealment of hair is mandated because it is considered a symbol of beauty and individuality. But the fury for losing control over your body is always stronger than the oppressor's power. By cutting your own hair, you denounce the loss of control over yourself. In defiance of your oppressor, you deny them control over you.
- Painting premise: Portrait.
- Props: Image reference bank provided.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.