Painting Webinar: WHITE PAPER
LIVE on Friday, December 2, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities, experience, or media.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork in our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/MjHZTiwVgnI
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
WHITE PAPER - Collection Essay
Last weekend in China, it became unbearable for many people to keep pretending everything was well. When the worst keeps happening to you like in a loop, you can’t pull your best self together and tell it to keep marching on, no matter how tediously you lie to it.
People broke out of their orderly lines and spilled onto nearby and online streets. They spoke out with no words against Beijing’s zero-Covid policies. In silence, they held up blank sheets of paper to mirror the imposed censorship they endured for days, years, decades, generations. The empty pages spoke on their behalf: a wounded “I am” responding to a pounding “You are nothing.”
We’re painting people holding blank sheets of paper to honor how others find ways to free their trapped voices.
- Painting premise: Figure.
- Props: Image references provided.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.