Painting Webinar: INTIMATE TABLESCAPE
LIVE on Friday, November 5, 2021, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/aVXc1vaZGu4
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
We are combining a documentary and a painting we recently saw, seemingly unrelated at first but having the same underlying theme if you dig a little deeper.
- 306 Hollywood follows a person's life through the objects left behind at home after passing away. The project is a combination of domestic archeological excavation and experiments in cataloging.
- Henri Le Sidaner, 1862-1939, painted La Table, Harmonie Grise, 1927, with objects carefully arranged and rendered as a tonal poem (in gray).
- Dig in your personal space for 3 to 5 objects that you feel can illustrate aspects about you. They may be related or not, following a similar pattern or not. For example: toothbrush, underwear, keys, comb, necklace.
- Arrange them carefully on a table or flat surface in a way that feels staged, like in a shop window.
- We will paint them with a dominant color (color harmony) of your choosing.
- Painting premise: Still Life.
- Props: arrange a still life with any crystals in your home. Photos are welcome.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.