Painting Webinar: WISTERIAS
LIVE on Friday, March 24, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities and experience.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork on our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/EcVTWBoq020
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
WISTERIAS - Collection Essay
We love counting time not by weeks or months, but by blooming seasons. While driving by the iconic CBS building, we noticed that the wisterias climbing the chain link fence facing Fairfax Blvd have bloomed.
Later, we learned that this year’s Wisteria Festival, they spell it 'wistaria,' will take place this coming Sunday. In Sierra Madre, a mere 25 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, the largest blooming plant in the entire world, which happens to be a wisteria, is still alive after more than 125 years. It's considered one of the seven horticultural wonders of the world, and it's only open once a year to the general public: this Sunday.
With their lush, enchanting beauty, wisterias symbolize love, fertility beauty, creativity, and long life. The flower can live for more than 100 years, so it’s often regarded as a symbol of everlasting wisdom. The long, climbing vines are seen as constantly searching for new knowledge.
- Painting premise: Gardenscape.
- Props: use a photo of a wisteria plant as a reference.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.