Painting Webinar: NIGHTSTAND STILL LIFE
LIVE on Friday, June 3, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities and experience.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork on our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/2HMw6JAXWOo
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
NIGHTSTAND STILL LIFE - Collection Essay
Throughout the history of art, this corner in people's bedrooms hasn't been given the attention it deserves. Still lifes are traditionally composed of something edible or botanical with the addition of some kind of container to hold things in.
Nightstand objects are reflections of ourselves. This underrated corner in our homes is the most intimate, the place that speaks more about us than any other.
Our next series of paintings will be dedicated to this little altar of objects that has so much symbolic meaning.
- Painting premise: Still Life.
- Props: paint the objects on your nightstand.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.