Painting Webinar: VOID
LIVE on Friday, November 11, 2022, at 11 am Pacific.
The session's recording will be available anytime thereafter.
- 3-hour session (2h painting; 1h critique).
- Remote. Join from anywhere.
- Open to all abilities, experience, or media.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Feature your artwork in our Roofless Gallery.
Inspiration video: https://youtu.be/m9YAjtesCX8
-Scroll down to view and click on the registration button. ⏬
After purchase, we will send you an access link to the webinar (before the session starts) or the links to the recorded session if you purchase thereafter.
Both video and audio for participants will be muted by default during the live webinar. You'll be able to view and listen to the presentation and interact via chat. The session will be recorded and up for replay anytime after the live webinar ends.
VOID - Collection Essay
Lee Bontecu left the art world this past Tuesday, and this time she really really left, so we’re sure she’s extremely happy right now, wherever she went. Unsurprisingly down here, she’s become part of that stinkin’ pantheon of women who are famous for being forgotten, so that’s why we decided to build a little altar in her remembrance with a painting collection inspired by her work.
We like to imagine that one of the reasons why she left the NYC art world the first time was because someone wrote off one of the holes on her pieces as a ‘vagina dentata.’ Go figure.
In truth, Bontecu created art that was way ahead of her time, rejecting any attempt to be cataloged, labeled, or contemporized. It was in fact her time that was behind her art.
- Painting premise: Abstract.
- Props: Image references provided.
- Painting surface: any size, any kind. We recommend 9x12 or under.
- Painting webinar medium: oil over cotton paper. Feel free to select your media.