- Roofless Workshop
- SUN May 5, 10 am - 1 pm, Roofless at ARTIST AND CRAFTSMAN SUPPLY, on Faircrest Heights
SUN May 5, 10 am - 1 pm, Roofless at ARTIST AND CRAFTSMAN SUPPLY, on Faircrest Heights
We're excited to announce a series of painting workshops at Artist and Craftsman Supply store on La Cienega. Our very first one will be a roofless one, across from the building, on the sidewalk along La Cienega. We're going to paint the Mondrian-inspired building from life. The paintings will be featured in the store during our residence there.
Artist and Craftsman Supply Store is on 1660 La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035
- 3-hour painting time.
- We supply all the art materials (medium - OIL).
- Setup and wrap-up on us. No need to bring extra materials.
- Suitable for all abilities and experience.
- Artwork created in one session.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Sell your final piece on our Roofless Gallery.
We're Vemno and Apple Pay friendly. Send us an email if you'd prefer to pay that way.
Art Instructor: Julio Panisello
FAIRCREST HEIGHTS is a mostly residential neighborhood bounded by Pico Boulevard on the north, Fairfax Avenue on the east, Venice Boulevard on the south, and La Cienega Boulevard on the west. Most of the homes were built in the late 1930s and early ’40s. As of the 2010 census its population was 52% black, 26% white, and 20% Latino. In 2004, Los Angeles Magazine named it one of the “10 Best Neighborhoods You’ve Never Heard Of”. In 2013, Redfin listed it as the third most “up-and-comping” neighborhoods in the entire state.
One of its chief attractions is the Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies (LACES) Recreation Center. Other attractions include Ciccero’s Pizza, Hoagies and Wings, Hollywood Pies, The Mint, and Penguin Fish & Chips.