SUN June 23, Roofless at the RAINBOW LIFEGUARD TOWER, 10am-1pm, VENICE BEACH
There are 158 lifeguard towers sprinkled along the beaches of Los Angeles County. In the mid-70s, these mid-century inspired structures got a uniforming blue-grey makeover. However, this single tower was the object of an art installation in 2017, as a response to counter the hate-wave that was sweeping the nation at that time.
The installation was meant to be temporary, but after collecting more than 11,000 signatures by the community in favor of keeping it, L.A. County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to make the new colors permanent.
Paint with us at this unassuming monument to acceptance; an architectural gem turned a universal symbol of peace and love.
- 3-hour painting time.
- We supply all the art materials (medium - OIL).
- Setup and wrap-up on us. No need to bring extra materials.
- Suitable for all abilities and experience.
- Artwork created in one session.
- Guided instruction and feedback provided.
- Sell your final piece on our Roofless Gallery.
We're Vemno and Apple Pay friendly. Send us an email if you'd prefer to pay that way.
Art Instructor: Julio Panisello