Roofless Monday in NYC - Single Day
Monday, September 4, 2023, of Roofless in NYC
We will set our nomadic alier around the striking Plinth area in New York's elevated High Line Park. The ample open space offers sweeping city views. Currently on the plinth is Pamela Rosenkranz's sculpture Old Tree, a 25-foot-tall sculpture in vivid pink and red resembling the branching systems of human organs and blood vessels, inviting us to contemplate the indivisible connection and contrast between the human condition and the places where we live.
In the afternoon, we will gather for a group visit at the visionary Whitney Museum to view their current exhibitions and their acclaimed permanent collection, followed by a communal dinner at the vibrant Chelsea Market, one of the city's greatest indoor food and retail marketplaces.
Booking this event includes:
- 4-hour painting time from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Easel spot for Studio Time on Friday, September 8, from 3 to 6 pm.
- All painting materials are supplied (medium - oil).
- Setup and wrap-up on us. You simply show up.
- Refreshments provided during painting time
- Suitable for all abilities and experience.
- Guided instructions and feedback provided.
Not included in this event's booking:
- Cost of transportation to/from our painting location.
- Cost of the entrance to the Whitney Museum
- Cost of food at the Chelsea Market
Painters registered for the whole experience will get priority to exhibit the work created at the end of the week. Register for the whole week here.
Information about access, facilities, and other details will be sent to registered painters before the event.
💰 In addition to accepting online CC and PayPal payments, we're also Venmo and Apple Pay friendly. Email us to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd prefer to pay that way.
🔔 Please note that we won't be able to reschedule you or offer a refund for cancellations made within 24 hours of this session.